In today’s ever-changing landscape, companies must pivot in order to remain successful. Change isn’t always easy but it is necessary to stay relevant as things continue to evolve over time. Whether it’s adopting technology, following business trends and capitalizing on them, or going through organizational adjustments it’s important to recognize that companies must prove to be agile by adapting to and through change quickly.
Undoubtedly, the goal of any thriving business is to succeed financially, however, there are a few softer skills required for a business to achieve that sort of success.
Read on to discover elements that are essentials for modern businesses to succeed and tactics you can use to support your team through that change.
From Ron Flavin this month
Since my editorial focused on how the most successful businesses are those that embrace change by being agile and being able to adapt or pivot when necessary, let’s talk about some of the tools that can help your business become more efficient, resilient and adaptable. The tools and tips below are useful whether you run your business from an office, a storefront, or a home office.
- Tip 1: Automate as many routine or mundane tasks as possible. This is often referred to as business process automation (BPA) and there are countless companies entering this space with reliable and affordable solutions that are easy to implement. Just a few of the common business tasks that can be made more agile and efficient through BPA include employee on-boarding, purchase order management, lead generation and more. For those tasks that are routine or mundane but are simply not suitable for BPA, consider outsourcing some of them so you, as the business owner or leader, can focus your efforts on whatever it is that you do best.
- Tip 2: Make use of online tools to keep abreast of evolving trends, looming changes in the market, or other events that might impact your business in a good way or a bad way. For me, Feedly is my favorite tool for keeping up-to-date on topics and trends that are of interest to me or can have an impact on my business. Feedly is a highly-customizable news aggregator that allows you to gather and get up-to-the-minute updates on trends and topics that you care about.
- Tip 3: Maintain an open mind, embrace change and be certain that your business is prepared to weather unexpected events such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are a quickly growing number of tools and resources to help you develop a Resiliency Plan for your business. A few good resources include:
OutsmartDisaster, which offers a guided, online tool that includes five detailed steps to business resiliency.
In the world of entrepreneurship, bootstrapping a startup refers to launching the enterprise without external funding. But for most founders, bootstrapping a startup really means launching without seeking venture capital, angel investors or other types of investment capital.
The ability to communicate persuasively is a cornerstone of success in all of our lives. Everything you’ve ever achieved had something to do with your ability to persuade. What concrete steps can you take to ensure that people take action when you talk? The following three steps can ensure that all of your communication is persuasive and effective.
Important Industry Happenings
- Importance of Adopting New Technology in Business (Via Harvard Business Review)
- What Are the Benefits of Managing Change in Organizations? (via Chron)
- Staying Relevant In A Changing World (via Forbes)